Visitor FAQ


Do I have to be a resident to use the HAC?

No, everyone is welcome at Holland Aquatic Center!

Who is considered a resident?

Anyone living in the Holland Public School District contributes to the HAC operation through their taxes and is considered a resident. Residents receive discounted rates for daily fees, memberships, facility rentals and program registrations.

How can I prove residency?

Please bring a valid ID with you and show it at our front desk. Acceptable forms of ID include government-issued driver’s licenses or state IDs, a rental or lease agreement, or a tax bill. Documentation must include your name and the resident address.

Who can be included in a family membership?

A “family” for membership purposes is defined as one or two adults residing in the same dwelling along with any of their children (dependents) of whom they have legal custody. This definition does not include other relatives regardless of whether they live in the same dwelling or not. Identification may be required to determine a common address.

If I buy a single visit pass, can I leave and come back again?

The single visit pass rate is valid for one visit only. If you leave the facility, you will be required to pay for re-entry.

Do I have to pay to go into the pool area even if I’m not swimming?

Yes, anyone passing our front desk must pay admission. We require an adult guardian within arm’s reach of a child under 42″ tall. If your child(ren) are at least 48” tall, you may watch on deck or from our free viewing area in the upstairs bleachers in the 50-meter pool.


What is a universal changing room and is there space for families in it?

The Universal Change Room provides a more accessible, safe, inclusive, and private space for all members and guests, especially for families with young children and those who require gender anonymity. The design of this space allows for flexibility so that both individuals and families can change into and out of swim or workout apparel with the comfort and ease afforded by a private cubicle or shower.

Day-use lockers are free in the UCR. Learn more about our UCR confiration and policies.

Do you have a “traditional” locker room and do you provide locks?

Yes, HAC does have men’s and women’s locker rooms in its competitive pool complex, but we do not provide locks for them.

We ask that you do not store your items overnight. Long-term rental lockers are available for members who purchase a 12-month membership. Contact us or speak with our front desk staff for more information.

Do you rent out towels and swimsuits?

Towels are available to rent for $2 per towel at our front desk. We do not rent swimsuits.

Do you sell swim diapers?

Yes, for children who aren’t toilet-trained we require either a swim diaper or a cloth diaper with tight-fitting rubber pants. Swim diapers are available to purchase for $2 at our front desk.


How old does my child have to be in order to USE HAC unaccompanied by an adult?

All patrons under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older. If a child is between the ages of 13 and 18 and wants to use HAC unaccompanied by an adult, a parent/guardian must sign a waiver at HAC upon arrival. A parent/guardian’s phone number must be included in case of emergency. As with all patrons, unaccompanied minors are expected to abide by all facility policies, rules and codes of conduct.

Can I wear a t-shirt over my swimsuit in the pool?

Swimsuits are required in all pools. Leotards, cutoff shorts and cotton t-shirts are not allowed. Swim shirts made out of nylon, spandex, or polyester are allowed.

Do you allow life jackets?

Yes, but we allow US Coast Guard-approved life jackets only. You may bring your own US Coast Guard-approved life jacket, or we have many available, in different sizes, for patrons to use.