Safe. Welcoming. HAC.
Holland Aquatic Center (HAC) is a safe and welcoming environment for all. Guests are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner, use appropriate behavior, and follow directions from our HAC team members.
All policies and rules are defined below. Please see our Visit FAQ page as well for other pool use information.
Read Carefully AND know HAc policies and rules
CODE OF CONDUCT
The following conduct is specifically prohibited and may result in temporary or permanent loss of privileges:
- Endangering the health or safety of others
- Assaulting, harassing, intimidating, or threatening another individual or group
- Inappropriate, offensive language and/or behavior
- Stealing, damaging, or destroying HAC property or property belonging to a HAC guest
- Possession of alcohol, drugs or any other controlled substance and/or intoxication due to alcohol or drug use
- Possession of weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be weapons
- Smoking cigarettes or vaping
Please report any inappropriate conduct to a HAC team member. Suspension or termination of HAC membership or single visit privileges may result from a violation of the Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, facility use of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.
No refunds will be given for loss of privileges due to breach of the Code of Conduct. HAC has the right to refuse entry to anyone at any time.
OVERARCHING FACILITY RULES
- Activity for private gain is not permitted at any time. Only HAC team members are authorized to teach swimming lessons, coach athletes, provide personal training or any other type of instruction within the facilities.
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote-control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, or shoes with built-in wheels are not allowed.
- No pets or other animals allowed except ADA-approved service animals (e.g. dogs).
- Read and obey all posted signs. Individual pool decks, community spaces, and features have specific guidelines.
- Children under the age of 13 must have an adult accompany them at all times.
- Teens ages 13-18 may use the facility without an adult. A waiver is required and guardian information must be provided in case of emergency.
- All facility users must sign a liability waiver upon arrival.
- No professional or commercial photography without management authorization.
All POOL RULES
- To use any pool, a lifeguard must be present. Swim only in designated areas.
- Obey all instructions given by lifeguards and staff.
- Showering is required before entering any pool.
- Children under 42” must be always within arm’s reach of a responsible adult.
- Children under 48” must be accompanied on deck with a responsible adult.
- Children under 54” must have a responsible adult present in the facility.
- Glass, other breakable materials, and hazardous objects or materials are not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted. The use of alcoholic beverages while swimming may result in serious injury.
- No running.
- Rough play or holding underwater will not be tolerated.
- Do not hang on safety or lane lines.
- Beach toys are not permitted.
- Dive only in designated areas.
- All personal floatation devices must be US Coast Guard-approved and labeled.
- All swimmers must wear appropriate swim attire. Cut-offs, leotards, gym shorts, underwear, thong swimsuits, or t-shirts are not permitted.
- Swimming apparel with zippers, buckles, metal ornamentation, or anything that may damage HAC property is not permitted.
- People with a contagious, infectious condition or disease; an open, unhealed wound; and/or experiencing even a mild case of diarrhea may not use any pool. Persons with diarrhea should wait two weeks after symptoms end before returning to the pool.
- Infants/children who are not toilet trained and adults who are incontinent must wear a new disposable swim diaper or a reusable swim-appropriate (non-cloth) diaper to enter the pool.
- No street shoes on deck.
- Any injury occurring in the pool must be reported to a lifeguard or supervisor immediately.
FITNESS ROOM RULES
- Minimum age: 12 years old. HAC fitness room orientation is required for guests ages 12-17. See Fitness staff to schedule.
- Please take caution when working out. Exercise at your own risk.
- Proper workout attire is required. This includes a shirt or tank top (must cover navel), closed-toed tennis shoes, and shorts or sweatpants. Wet swimsuits are prohibited.
- Only HAC-approved personal trainers may train HAC guests.
- Food items are prohibited; water bottles (plastic or metal only) are permitted.
- Use machines according to directions for intended purpose.
- Do not drop or bang weights.
- Wipe equipment after each usage with disposable cleaning towels.
- Headphones are required for personal music devices.
- Cellphone use and videography of yourself and others is not allowed.
- Please share space and equipment. Be conscious of others waiting for use.
- Harassment, discrimination and/or foul language will not be tolerated. Violation of our guest code of conduct may lead to dismal with a refund.
- Use HAC-provided lockers to store gym bags and other personal belongings. HAC is not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Do not remove equipment from the fitness room.
INDOOR TRACK RULES
- All HAC Fitness Room rules and regulations apply on the indoor track.
- See posted signage for direction of traffic on a given day.
- Slower traffic must stay to the inside lane.
- Do not walk or run more than two people side-by-side.
- Acceptable track equipment includes walkers, canes, strollers and sports wheelchairs. Single-wide strollers can be used as long as they do not impede other users. Stroller wheels must be free of dirt/outside debris. For safety reasons, all outside equipment is subject to the approval by HAC staff.
- No bikes, skateboards, roller skates/blades, hoverboards, segways, scooters or heelys allowed.
- Children under 12 years of age must have an adult/guardian within arm’s reach at all times.
- Please be courteous and respectful to others.